Monday, July 31, 2017

Honey Pot Bee - I'm The Queen!

Welcome to my turn as Queen of The Honeypot Bee!

When I said yes to my Gorgeous SB (Sparkly Boy) way back when, August seemed like an age away, but here we are and here is my choice of tutorial.


These are my three versions of what is a fantastic and highly addictive block, the only thing I've done differently is add an extra round of strips to bring it up to 12 1/2".

The other thing I highly recommend is a scant 1/4" seam


I've used a shot cotton, which as I've said before frays like a beeyatch but is oh so pretty I forgive it!
Two 1 1/2" WOF strips of each is enough for one side of each colour


For a different fabric for each pineapple a fat quarter strip is all you need


For the reverse option you only need 3 scraps at least 4" to allow for the economy HST which I enlarged then cut down to get the accurate 4 1/2' centre.

These are so much fun and a great scrap buster, I'm looking forward to using these as fillers in my Honeypot Quilt along with the others I've made.















  I somehow cut off one corner in the above block?


These aren't all the available blocks as I've been a bit tardy at keeping up!!
 So head over to Molli Sparkles and see all the deliciousness that is on offer.

“The-Honey-Pot-Bee-with-Molli-Sparkles“

4 comments:

  1. I love pineapple blocks too. I have made them foundation pieced and not, and I cannot decide on a favourite method.
    I am loving all the rainbowy goodness of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. queen bee for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Immune System

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)