Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sunday Stash # 9 - Still Fart Arsing Around

Firstly a little service announcement, all comments I am now responding to personally as you guys are just so nice and left me so many comments from the hop!!that I thought my phone was going to blow a gasket!

You guys!! Thankyou....and so nice to meet some other nutbars.

Anywhooooo on to some fabric!


Kona Cotton Solids...always great to stock up on some bits and pieces.Top to bottom is
I bought 2 yards of Storm (new colour) for an idea I have but when it arrived love it but wish I'd bought 2 yards of Indigo as well.....grrrrr


More Kona Cotton Solids.Top to bottom is Banana, Bluegrass,Buttercup,Cactus and Candy Green.
I've just tried to link up to Fabric Shack to show you their swatches as I think they are a little more true to real life colourwise but the catalogue is down...sorry peeps
links are added, definitely truer colour on their site


Village Green and Kona Cappucino and Pomegranate.
The pink in my photo is more true to the actual colour than theirs in this instance.


Just for fun some more Nested Churn Dash Blocks

I've now done 6 and not sure if I should stop



Or continue to make a square Quilt


Still waiting on some fabric to finish 3 quilts


So I have time..........


What's your thoughts oh wise Quilty Peeps, rectangle or square?
What is your preference?

Linking up with Molli who is being force fed Tula LOL

Molli Sparkles

10 comments:

  1. I love those nested churn dash blocks. I think my quilts are a good mix of rectangle and square. These blocks have such a great geometric pop I think I'd carry on the theme and arrange them in a square quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the churn dash blocks! And I'm still yet to actually ever touch nor buy Kona!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not fart arsing around, you are making a quilt! KEEP GOING!! :) Seriously love those blocks!! I have a mix of rectangle and square. Typically I go with however it turns out, which is typically NOT what the original plan was! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know that I've seen that Village Green fabric before - it's really cute! As for the other, I'm a rectangle person, myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rectangles are usually what I make but once in a while a square kwilt appears. Love Fabric Shack...I live kinda close so one of my fav shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I count 4 churn dashes in that last block? Far out! I don't go by the square or rectangle, I just lay them out on the floor and keep adding until all the colours balance out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know about rectangle or square. What do you want it for? A cot (rectangle)? A picnic rug (square)?
    Whatever you decide, I love the yellow, grey, black and white combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE these blocks! Especially the one with the little glasses and the bird! I have no idea why but it reminded me of that old Hitchcock move The Birds. Fun feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer rectangle quilts. That is totally a personal opinion and completely subjective. I like the somewhat long and lean look of them as opposed to squat and chunky squares. Lol. Blocks are square, quilts are rectangles in my world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Poor Molli with the Tula ;) I love Kona! It's my favorite solid to work with. I pretty much use it exclusively. Your blocks are looking wonderful. I'd throw all the blocks on the floor and see how they look to decide :)

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)