Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Beautiful People - Another Quilty Story

I had something else to show you today but it has been pushed aside to talk about Beautiful People.


 
I will litter this post with photos since I sense it will be wordy and sometimes rambly...just scroll
 
 
This is my beautiful man...isn't he delicious?......he passed away on New Years Day 2014 and left me
 and my wee family absolutely broken hearted
 
 
 
 
Prior to this I had been accepted to my very first Bee/Swap, DQS14 and I was very excited (read understatement!!)
  

 Much to Delicious Man's amusement...but as you can see from the above photo and read about in this post I had a bit of a problem, burnt the last area that needed quilting!!!
 
 
Aware that the international deadline for posting was looming and not wanting to be late or to let my partner down I started another quilt straight away with the left over scraps from the first quilt, then my life was turned upside down
 
I finished it and sent it away not knowing how my partner would feel about getting two quilts, both of which she had like through Flickr but not said whether to send the first damaged one or not....I shouldn't have wasted another thought down that track....she was delighted and thrilled.
 
 
This quilt holder has been struggling with the rocky road of life before our upheaval and even more so since, requiring me to leave all things crafty and spend some time with him at a place where they are more professionally able to help...he will be ok but it will take time.

 
So when I got home after 5 days away, travel weary and with a grouchy toddler in tow I was surprised to see this package with my swap partners name as the Sender


I could've cried....but I wouldn't have stopped...Katie Yoakum and her guild friends are the most Beautiful people I could never have imagined would cross my path!!

The timing couldn't have been more perfect

The most gorgeous Clamshell!! Freakin clamshell people!!! Mini Quilt, notebook, card and a letter which made me cry
 
 
Beautiful variegated blue/green thread........ I bet quilted all over by Katie herself
 

My favourite colour combo binding and a gorgeous Kaffe backing and my must have Kaffe lime green paperweight in the clamshells


More photos just because I can and I want everyone to see how beautiful it is and how lovely my quilty friends are.....

My favourite line in the letter and in the label on the back "From one Fabric Floozy To Another"!!!

 
I am so very lucky .....


This will hang pride of place in my house when I stop touching it LOL


Thankyou my lovely friend from the bottom of my heart xxx

If you get time you can stop by and check out all the lovely ladies work who had a hand in putting this together, it really was a group quilt.

I'm not cool or savvy enough to understand IG yet but here are their IG addresses
Teri who donated most of the fabric Teri@craktpot, Lee Monroe@maychappell and also at http://www.maychappell.com ,Kim Johnson@kbcjohn  and Colleen Yarnell@cyarnell and also at http://www.cyarnell.blogspot.com

The assembly tutorial came from http://www.thequiltengineer.com and according to Katie made all the difference, also Thankyou to various ladies from www.triadmodernquiltguild.blogspot.com

Linking up so everyone can see

Sew Cute Tuesday with Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts

 
And Heather & Megan for Fabric Tuesday

 
 
 



11 comments:

  1. It was surely my pleasure to put this together for you. I did indeed do the free motion quilting. I am so glad that it arrived safely, during a time of need and that you love it. I hope that is may offer encouragement during times when it is needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS -- he is a beautiful man

      Delete
    2. You are quite special and your quilting is wonderful!

      I agree he is yummy x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story here. I feel for you and your family. I believe you have the best friends too!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, I am a very lucky lady....but I'm pretty sure most Quilty people are naturally beautiful just because they make stuff with their own hands and share it with those around them to enjoy or use ;)
      thanks for popping in !

      Delete
  3. I'm so so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous man. I'm so so glad the mini quilt was able to brighten your day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment :)

      Delete
  4. So sorry you lost your beautiful man. What a beautiful quilt your friends made for you. I lost my man this April. I had made him a quilt to keep him warm and finished it 4 days before he died. It is my comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart aches for you, it really isn't something you can compare to anything else.....just put one foot in front of the other is all I can contribute as any sort of advice.But if you want to stay wrapped up in his quilt all day...that's good too xxx Thankyou for taking the time to reach out, the Quilty World is a lovely place to hang around in when you are low.

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss, he looks like a wonderful man. Your quilts that you made are gorgeous (both of them!) and the one you received is so special. What a lovely gift and comfort for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cassandra for your kind words...I am biased but he really is wonderful and I miss him dearly.
      Quilting is really the best hobby to have when you get to meet the nicest people! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)